Liverpool are the champions!
Liverpool finally did it! The Reds won their first championship since 1990 ending their thirty-year wait. After their closest opponent in the title race, Manchester City were defeated by Chelsea on the road, Liverpool’s well-deserved top-flight title was confirmed.
The fans rushed to the streets celebrating this historic achievement outside Anfield. The sky was red enlightened by the torches. The famous “You’ll Never Walk Alone” rang out around the city. It was a dramatic end to the strangest season ever. Although the coronavirus pandemic has become the main theme of this year, the historical run the Reds have had will be never forgotten.
There are still 7 rounds to play and the Premier League has still much to offer. The Champions League and Europa League spots are yet to be determined. The fight in the relegation zone is as fierce as it gets. Get a Betfair.com account without limits now and place your Premier League bets!
Liverpool the record-breaker
We feel that the historic season Liverpool have had is underappreciated. Jürgen Klopp’s men have made history winning the club’s 19th Premier League championship. However, this was something that could only happen once in the century. Here are some records broken by none other than Liverpool:
- Having defeated West Ham United at Anfield on 24 February 2020, Liverpool became the first team ever to win 21 consecutive home games.
- After defeating Southampton by four goals to none, Liverpool increased the point differential between them and Manchester City to 22. This was the biggest point gap between the two title contenders.
- Having defeated Tottenham on 11 February, Liverpool gathered 61 points after the first 21 rounds. This was the most points gathered ever in the first 21 rounds by any team participating in the major European championships.
- Jürgen Klopp became the first German head coach to win the Premier League.
- Mohamed Salah has become the first player to score more than 20 goals in 3 consecutive seasons since Michael Owen.
Of course, we have witnessed some other historical championships recently. Manchester City have gathered 100 points with +79 goal differential in the 2017-18 season. Liverpool currently have 86 points and 7 rounds to play. Can they top City’s record-breaking season? Continue betting via ACC-EX and witness the history. If you haven’t decided on the bookmaker you will place your bets at, we suggest you take a look at our section dedicated to original bookmaker reviews with no limits.